My Blog List

Saturday, September 4, 2010

Roth's Sunflowers


Don't hold a candle to Vincent's. But what artist hasn't painted sunflowers inspired by the gloriously flower itself and the master's glorious example. It was my turn. And I learned Vincent's oils or my acrylics would have been a tell of a lot easier than the watercolor I chose to use.

Now painting is the way to spend the morning-- It's so much more simpatico than rushing around dressing in designer garb, gulping breakfast and driving miles to scout out ceramic tile. While painting isn't as lucrative, it pays-off just wandering downstairs with a cup of coffee in one hand and a pitcher of still life in the other for an hour of tranquility before life begins. I get lost. I am lifted to some wonderfully calm plane. The practice of it is better than yoga.

No comments:

Post a Comment