My Blog List

Monday, June 28, 2010

Small is not Me



I wished I could get two artworks right up next to one another and bang! A light bulb went off:Publisher!The perfectionist in me is unhappy I didn't quite get them situated on the page very well, but with time... Meanwhile you can clearly see that the unfinished drawing says "Waterlily" better than the more elaborate drawing.
Suggestive lines and forms can be more descriptive than painting in every petal. In this case I think the unfinished areas suggest the delicacy of the flower--whether it is delicate, I have no idea; I don't have a lily pond. The Grand Villas did.




There's this strange flower in my garden that my landscaper put in. He didn't know what it was, and I haven't been able to find out, but visitors ask me about it all the time. Sitting on my front step this morning, I decided to draw it in a 5" x 3" format just to do something small. Small is not me.

No comments:

Post a Comment