My Blog List

Monday, April 5, 2010

Sight or Scent? I Choose Scent.



The lily in my living room is emitting fragrance throughout the house. Up close, I can't stand the scent. It's nauseating. From a distance--like upstairs in my bedroom--the fragrance is quite pleasant. So I moved the bouquet to the guest room where we'll be able to smell it, but not see it. It's a sacrifice I must make.

As far as drawings go, the art pad I used for this commemorative one, (this was the bouquet the bartender gave us Saturday), was inappropriate. The paper was too frail. It will not be going to Mexico--but neither will bristol board, which does stand up to wetting--too heavy in the beach bag with the ball and IPod deck. Normal Strathmore drawing pad it will have to be--or a watercolour block if I can get to Michael's today? Nah. I'm going clothes shopping.

No comments:

Post a Comment