My Blog List

Friday, January 5, 2018

Blogging is Dead






I am thinking Blogger is a dead zone for artists.  I know I have been neglectful as my interaction with artists has widened on Face Book.  I am a member of a number of FB groups  which I enjoy.  One of them I started.  It’s for quick, daily sketches. Finished work is unacceptable—too many artists post their finished work as sketches on various cites, which I think inhibits younger, less skilled artists. My group advocates short drawing sessions every day using whatever medium the artist is comfortable with.  It’s called Gotta Minute? Sketch.  Then I post in a sketchpad group, a realistic portrait group and sometimes, not often, in a watercolor group.  The connections I’ve made through FB have been delightful and informing.  The affiliation has been satisfying for this retired lady who just likes to draw and paint for the fun of it, not as a livelihood.  

So, if any of my followers are still out there, this is my last post.  I thank you for the encouragement you’ve given me since 2009.   It helped a lot.  It meant a lot.  And the best part was the friends I met here are the friends I’ve kept there. We post.  We message.  We occasionally Skyp.  And we talk art.  If you’re not on FB in the art groups already, come on over.  Hugs and best wishes for a prolific 2018.   Linda

5 comments:

  1. I hope not, because I love my blog too much. But you are right, the action mostly has moved to FB or Instagram. So I understand. I see more blogs disappear or not being updated anymore. Well, see you on FB!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many artists use their blog to sell their art, so comments were restricted to “nice”. With critiques being discouraged, art conversations were also discouraged. This has not been my experience on FB. There is a lot of ongoing discussions. I like that. PS. Everybody is kind.

      Delete
  2. I think this is one of the most significant information for me.
    And i’m glad reading your article.
    But should remark on some general things, the web site style is perfect,
    the articles is really great : D. Good job…
    หนังฟรี

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Linda! Sorry I haven't been commenting on your blog for a long time. I have been ill and making and now effort to return to blogging. Will miss your blog but I do understand your comments on FB. I have posting some art on FB and not much on my blog. Health main reason but that being said FB seems to be a better way to get my art out there. What ever you decide to do, all the best to you and yours. I have always enjoyed your blog and art my friend. Take care! Michael

    ReplyDelete