My Blog List

Sunday, May 7, 2017

Sketching Life On The Run


Lazy Susan (or The Catch-All),  digital painting using my index finger, Art Rage App on Apple Mini IPad




Cereal Bowl With Spoon,  digital painting using my index finger, Art Rage App on Apple Mini IPad




OPI Smokin' In Havana Please;  digital painting using my index finger, Art Rage App on Apple Mini IPad




The CNN Addict,   digital painting using my index finger, Art Rage App on Apple Mini IPad




Toweling and Simple Green;    digital painting using my index finger, Art Rage App on Apple Mini IPad




The Brunet; charcoal pencil, Strathmore 6" x 8" drawing pad




Sunflower Birthday Bouquet; 314 General Pencil on Strathmore 6" x 8"

Big week at our house!  As a family, we're celebrating Ellis's eightieth birthday, our middle son and daughter in-law's visit, their marriage and the birth of our oldest son's third child, our fifth grandchild.  Needless to say I've been busy spiffing up the house for house guests and not doing much painting in the traditional fashion.  I've been painting from life on my mini iPad whatever was in front of me whenever I  stopped   to catch my breath. Sunflower Birthday Bouquet  and The Brunet were  my last sketches using traditional materials. Whirling around  house and town taking care of business, my mini iPad with the Art Rage  app were handier and cleaner on the run.  Oh, and I only needed my index finger.  Finer work could be done using a stylus, but that would be just one more thing to put in my purse

Wildfire, the three foot by three foot painting on the easel, has become a  less wild.  I let more light in.  However, it probably won't stay that way; I'm not satisfied yet.  Drawing continues throughout my process.   Color is mixed on the canvas. (The more color layers, the richer the painting). When the final palette emerges after a quite a few sessions,  the painting is close to being resolved.  The palette, as well as the composition, is still evolving for Wildfire.



     








No comments:

Post a Comment