My Blog List

Saturday, December 5, 2015

A Little Sunshine And A Whole Lot Of Rain

Across The Pool 3, black watercolor and white chalk, 12" X 9". Was my colorless painting a storm warning? Maybe?



Rainy Day With Luis, graphite, 6" X 8"




The sun took a couple of days off.  While the other hotel guests went off to shop and see sights we've seen on previous visits,  I spent some time with Luis and my pencil.   The jolly, sunny side up chef has been making me low salt meals as good as the ones the other guests were enjoying.  Without him, my holiday would be a vertigo nightmare given the high humidity.

First, there was this.


Then there was this.


Heavy rains on holiday is a bummer, if you have no alternatives--like pencil supplies, a happy face full of joy and an indoor pool for a quick swim on drawing breaks.  JW Marriott Cancun, Quintana Roo, Mexico is a choice spot.





No comments:

Post a Comment