My Blog List

Thursday, December 18, 2014

A Painting!

   

Ellis was still asleep. Everybody in the hotel was asleep. So I set up my watercolors on the coffee table and did my thing my way. Not a single drop of color got anywhere it didn't belong. Yesterday, I 'borrowed' a couple of very nice petit hand towels from the ladies room, which worked much better than cocktail napkins for soaking up excesses. I can now let the housekeepers throw the flowers out as they wanted to two days ago.  The painting is a little overdone, but that was to be expected from someone who was on the brink of going mad due to paint depravation. 

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful and strong, as is all your work! Love this, Linda!
    Kathryn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wet into wet in the room out of the wind worked! Ellis still asleep worked! Borrowing two very nice hand towels worked too--as did doing a preliminary sketch with a marker. I didn't like how the markers worked on the paper, but I decided to not be so picky and carry on. It sure took me a long time to get past my objections to the materials.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks Judy. I did manage to get something on paper.

      Delete
  3. Instead of saying 'I told you so!" I will refer you back to your post of Dec 12th - Bare Essentials.
    I have been watching and grinning...first a sketch...then a small wash and now a full blown beauty of a floral.
    Ha! I knew you could not do it. It takes one to know one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE THIS! Linda, u amaze me... texture, shadowing, lighting... u got it all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Chris. I was rather pleased to get my mojo back.

      Delete