My Blog List

Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Rain, Rain

               
                   Giant Red Carnation. 


Rain, rain, go or stay, it makes no difference to me if I go out to play, or stay in and paint. It's vacation times like this, I love having the gift. Although, hotel management may object? I tend to throw myself into it and leave hints around that I was doing more in my room than reading--like wash cloths spotted with veridian and red splatters. The swipe that really got me worried I had left a permanent impression was on the table. At first the warm ash colored wood looked like the green had seeped in permanently, but soap added to the damp cloth did the trick. I was also glad that Ellis was napping.  He frowns on splattering paint.

  
    

Rain clouds really have us socked in, but it's still better here than home. Rain is very beautiful. It saturates colors and adds so much drama. 

While I photographed the rainy streets and the fogged out bay, Ellis attempted to make cappuccino with the hotel's fancy coffee maker.  He had his doubts. Last night, he got nothing but multiple cups of frothed milk that kept on coming and didn't stop till Moses came to his rescue. 

    


We did manage to squeeze in a swim and some beach time. I thought I'd record it with a photo of the two of us.  While holding a smile, I was telling Ellis under my breath to smile into the lense on the top margin of the iPad screen while touching the large dot on the sIde of the screen.  He eventually got it. 

        


ADDENDUM:  Today's sunrise doesn't look too promising either, but the stormy skies are very enticing.
With iPad there are a series of filters.  I used the transfer one here. It adds an eeriness to the photo that suits the tumultuous cloud formation.  THESE WERE TAKEN AT 6:08 AM


    



    


This photo  is shown as taken.

    


This one has been enhanced. 


    

ANYWAY YOU LOOK AT IT, IT MAY NOT BE A DAY AT THE BEACH.





















    
 



9 comments:

  1. I am getting vertigo looking at the last photos.

    Rain or shine, looks lovely.


    Lucky, about the paint. Maybe put towel or newspaper down first?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did put newspaper down, but my swipe was grander than the protected area.

      Our room is ocean view, so I had to tilt to eliminate the building. You do what you have to do. I would have loved to be ocean front, but they are remodeling a number of those rooms.

      Delete
  2. You don't waste time, allways doing something, amazing. Lovely colors and values.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank goodness, I packed supplies. No matter what is going on , I can fill my time. Fresh flowers in the room saved the day

      Delete
  3. This carnation is BEAUTIFULLY painted, Linda. Definitely looks like you're having a good time...and its wonderful having a room with an Ocean view....makes it easy to view those amazing clouds...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Hilda. Today's attempt wasn't that successful. It definitely needs more work. But I have an excuse: Ellis was watching me and kept bothering me about making a mess. Painting should be a private affair.

      Ocean view isn't as good as ocean front. Being in an ocean view room, I missed the real beauty of the stormy sunrise because I wasn't facing it head on. But that's the luck of the draw with hotel rooms.

      Delete
  4. Hi Linda! Love your colorful painting. You've taken beautiful pictures of the sea. You seem to be having a grand time in spite of the weather and the troublesome coffeemaker, Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Helene. I adore the Caribbean. There's no color like it. The surf is turbulent with a strong undertow that must be respected, but we did manage to go on up to our calves without being knocked down. Ellis has mastered the coffee machine.

    ReplyDelete
  6. fun to see you and Ellis...and I especially love the photo of 'dubious Ellis' at the coffee machine! great painting...keep them coming!

    ReplyDelete