My Blog List

Saturday, November 20, 2010

I Rode My Bike Past Your Window...



right into my lower level and mounted it on a trainer stand I picked up at the Bicycle and Fitness shop. I'm ready for spinning my way through winter and hopefully down a few pounds.


I would have bought the glamorous recumbent bike that beckoned from the entrance , but they wanted 2K--it had audio that said over and over,"Come on Linda you can do it, one more minute--okay, one more". But I was strong. I kept my 2K in the bank and chose year round use of my favorite outdoor toy. If doodling isn't doing it for me, I have cycling right outside the studio door with no gear required to protect me from the open carpet.

5 comments:

  1. Good for u for resisting!. U will do fine on the one u got...Just hope those blocks hold u in!.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL. I think I made the right decision too--but the recumbent was a beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I often wonder why people use recumbent bikes so I just read about it on wiki. Thanks to you, I now know a little bit :). Ergonomic etc... but I still like upright bicycles. Good on you for getting a bike - I love cycling. It's fun and a good way to get around. Best of all, while you are having fun, you even get some exercise.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Linda,
    Thank you for the info. Like Evelyn, I've learned about bikes. You look very coooool on a helmet!
    Well, if you do not mind, Linda, we can encourage each other. I have a station bike for my leg exercises. I'm dreaming to ride a bike confidently on streets.
    Cheers, Sadami

    ReplyDelete
  5. Evelyn, Sadmai, the recumbent bike has one advantage over making your street bike stationery- you lean back on the seat so your lower abdominals get a work out (Hard area to work out), along with your legs. Stationery bikes are good too, but you sit up-right (no abdominal workout benefit), but the handles move back and forth so you get an upper body workout in addition to the legs. Making your street bike stationery, you miss out on the abs and the upper body. Only the legs get the benefit, but the cost is much more reasonable. (300) for the trainer and the stabilizing block. The one thing you have to make sure is that your injured leg never fully extends; the knees are always slightly bent. You do that by adjusting the seat lower.
    I liked the idea of putting my bike to use during the winter when it usually just sits in the basement waiting for spring.

    ReplyDelete