My Blog List

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Apples and Oranges



But they could be oddly colored onions. While drawing I was discussing Mrs. M's job with Mrs. M on the phone. I thought we had settled everything yesterday, but there's still some details she wanted to go over. I didn't mind the interruption. I was also having breakfast while I was talking and drawing.

I like doing something else while sketching--talking to others, watching TV, dancing to my tunes, eating anything that get's me not to think about what I'm doing. The pictures usually come out better for my distraction. I said usually. I was using my big marker set--which isn't so water soluble as I would like so I couldn't lift the color in areas that needed it. I also found that 100 markers may not be enough. I'm missing some pale hues that would have been more suitable. But it's just another quick, warm up drawing. The object is to warm up, loosen up and get on to more exciting work. I'm headed toward the studio now.

2 comments:

  1. Your creativity never ceases to amaze me :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Linda,
    I really love the shadows in this work! I admire your strong and clear line. Go, go, LINDA~~!
    Cheers, Sadami

    ReplyDelete