My Blog List

Monday, August 2, 2010

Chocolate Mouse $2.95



How many calories do you think are in this case? That's what kept going through my mind as I photographed the goodies at the pastry shop. After a long weekend of more than my share of calories, I was so glad I'd decided there were no calories in a photograph--just a potential painting. I was even more glad when I stepped on the scale this morning. We've got a swim party this next weekend. Salad and fish is the menu for the week.

What kept going through my mind while painting this thumbnail drawing,(7 1/2" x 2 1/2",small for me), was that these paintings done on 10 x 30 inch canvases could be hung in multiples, but would also work hung alone. They also shouldn't be tight paintings of pastry,but loose,letting the play of colors tell the viewer what the subject is. It wasn't the pastries that grabbed my attention,it was the lushness of the colors. I wanted a nice picture of colorful pastries; I used a camera. If I wanted a piece of pastry,I'd go to Fox and Hounds on my corner; they have the most wonderful toffee chocolate bars with pecans. You have to go early;they go fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment