My Blog List

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Beat and Abused in the Studio



This is the painting that tripped me up--beat me up--made me fall--wrench my arm and get a bump on my cranium the size of an egg. I could have been killed, if not for the wheels on my typing table, the table I used to make an extension to my painting table. If the typing table hadn't rolled back when my head hit, I'm sure I'd have been in the ER or dead,rather than just lying on the floor throbbing, stunned, bruised and shaken. When I had gotten myself together well enough to leave the studio, I noticed the only body parts that didn't hurt were my knees.

I had been working on canvas three of Pentatych. I went as far as I could till it needed some drying time. While I was waiting, I decided to take another look at a little canvas I did a few years back, (for lack of nothing better to do). I set it on the floor for better viewing, added some dashes and dabs, then left it there to dry. I went back to canvas three, got involved. Need I say more? I forgot about the inconspicuous canvas on the floor, stepped back and...

Nothing broken, I crawled upstairs, got a bag of frozen lima beans and an ice pack and made it to the couch to watch Paul Blart, Mall Cop. for a couple of hours of light comedy while doing nothing but lying there hoping I hadn't really given myself a concussion.I was relieved when I successfully finished the suduko puzzle of the day without a hitch.

This artist's stupidity aside, Pentatych is coming along just fine--Killer doesn't look too bad either.

CANVAS THREE:


CANVAS THREE WITH CANVAS ONE AND TWO:

1 comment:

  1. I JUST POSTED A COMMENT FOR THE FIRST TIME ON YOUR BLOG.

    COMMENT.

    MYRNA L. GREEN
    ST. PETE BEACH, FL.

    DID I DO IT RIGHT, LINDA?

    ReplyDelete