My Blog List

Monday, May 10, 2010

Dead Moth With Cane




I found a dead moth last week on the garage window sill next to my bike pump. It was gorgeous. The perfectly symmetrical design of its wings, black and ecru--a white taupy color, amazed me. I wanted to see if I could spread those wings to see his full beauty, but I was afraid I'd destroy them. Biking had to wait. I took it into the house and photographed it.

The photo didn't come out well. My lighting was inadequate and I wished I had some ferric acid to erase the shadows, but I was in a hurry. I didn't want Honey walking in and seeing I had brought dead stuff in; he's finicky. When I finished, I took the moth out on the deck and threw it over the railing. It was too beautiful to go into the trash. Better he should be some other creature's supper.

No comments:

Post a Comment