My Blog List

Thursday, April 29, 2010

The Stuff of Abstracts





While getting ready for bed, TV and my Spanish lesson, courtesy of old American movies with Spanish subtitles,I heard a loud boom. then another.

Fireworks!

I grabbed my camera, turned off the flash, clicked in the appropriate setting and stepped out on the balcony. This was the stuff of future paintings with a million color possibilities. This was the grand finale of a wedding on the beach--and our day too. From high above the festivities, I silently wished the newly weds all the best and particularly thanked whoever ordered the fireworks for this terrific photo op and months of abstract inspiration. (I've already had great fun playing with effects in Jasc photo album and pro 8. I can only image what fun it's going to be when I hit the paint pots and a couple of large canvases this summer).





No comments:

Post a Comment