My Blog List

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Indecision


I'm considering this photo of my woods in winter to be the kick off for my (hopefully)last painting of the winter. But maybe I've had enough of winter?

I like the red splotches of the sycamore or sassafras tree or what ever that tree is called--also the cobalt blue shadows on the white snow. But I'm not sure? There's a deer smack in the middle, I'm not sure I want her there?

I like tree forms. I like line. I like branches intertwining and over lapping and criss crossing so much so that positive and negative space become indistinguishable.



I find this photo appealing too. I took it last summer. Even though there's deep shadows, I like the lavender and deep hunter green and pale pale yellow inter playing with one another. Any thoughts? Should I keep looking?

No comments:

Post a Comment