My Blog List

Monday, February 8, 2010



Valentine's Day is next Sunday. I'm going to gift myself the 3.4 oz bottle of Dior's Dune. It's my favorite and I'm running pretty low.

That's what I thought as I did the rough drawing of these perfume bottles. To do real justice to a still life with lots of geometric reflections, I will have to make a grid. I took the photograph for that purpose. And will take another. The set up is too set up for me.

I set the bottles ups on the peninsula in my kitchen so I could do a get acquainted drawing while I made chili and corn bread for Superbowl Sunday. The drawing came out distracted and trite--no new vision of an old subject; the chili and corn bread came out great.

Then my computer went off line. But my Indianapolis Colts won. We drank champagne to celebrate. Comcast arrived this morning. All is well with this wireless temporarily; they have to order a part.

No comments:

Post a Comment