My Blog List

Tuesday, October 31, 2017



76 As Is, Self portrait, graphite pencil, 80lb. Drawing paper.   After fifty years of coloring my hair, I’ve decided enough time wasted sitting in the beauty salon.









American Mustang, graphite pencils on 80% drawing paper.  I have no idea what pushed me to start drawing horses, but they really are quite elegant beasts, a joy.




GET ACQUAINTED SKETCHES FOR PORTRAIT COMMISSION.










Back to the easel and oils this winter to paint this very young lady.  The get acquainted sketches pointed out where the difficulties are and where my time will be spent.  A few ‘thumbnails’ more for overall size and positioning, I should be prepared to begin.  Skin tones playing against buttery whites is the palette I picture in my head, but every painting comes alive at some point and begins to make demands.  This commission came just in time.  My passion was fading fast.    

4 comments:

  1. You are amazing Linda! These are amazing sketches! I LOVE the self portrait...its you!!!! I hope you and hubby are well!!! ❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Hilda! Sketching has been the only thing that’s kept me connected to art the last few years. I’ve decided to do an oil of this baby as my winter project. Once I’m into it, my desire may expand? We’ll see.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks Helen. Between my health problems and now my husband’s, graphite sketches are all I care to do. I made the commitment to do this baby’s portrait to force my painting hand. I hope it works. I need the uplift, the validation.

      Delete