My Blog List

Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Waiting At The Gate

Morris has left the building!  His wife loves my grisaille of The Maestro.  My Guys are on the easel being mutilated from time to time as the knee permits.  Drawing with graphite pencils goes on-- probably through October when large canvases will make a comeback.  October 11th, my knees will no longer dictate my art or my studio hours.  I cannot wait!  My comeback starts next Monday, July 11th!




.
.










.Head study for Waiting at the Gate






Head study for Waiting At The Gate



Waiting At The Gate is the perfect title for my next painting, for it is what I've been doing this last year with my knees, my bout with lung cancer.   Physical fitness is this artist's missing tool. I intend to get it back.

5 comments:

  1. As we get older I begin to realise just how many of our design features are not fit for purpose ... knees and hips for example. Your drawings, meanwhile, remain as strong as ever ... you really can draw.

    The Maestro is fantastic, well done, Linda.

    Can't wait to see you back on your feet old-friend , banging out the large canvases once more.

    The only way is UP (ish)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks John. I am sitting and icing and waiting for next Monday. I just said to Ellis, I think I am on my last leg. I was joking, but not. I did find it interesting that the more trouble the knee gave me, the less I painted. I am stubborn about standing at the easel and would rather sit with a pencil if I can't stand. Love hearing from you. I saw your new blog about the boat you are building. I know it's going to be a beauty. You are very much at home with ships.

      Delete
  2. Je bent lekker bezig en zo snel goed hoor lieve groetjes Danielle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am busy! Thanks Danielle. After three years coddling a knee that kept me from the easel most of the time, I am on the path back to my old self. My conviction and determination should carry me through. I am rather sick of my limbs getting in my way.

      Delete
  3. Your drawings are fabulous, as ever. I am appreciating drawing more and more - have a very keen student who comes to my home and we draw together [and comment and critique and learn and enjoy drawing].
    Linda, I can hardly wait to read about you getting out there on your bike, and doing some dancing!!!!!
    Kathryn

    ReplyDelete