My Blog List

Thursday, February 12, 2015

A Change of Face

In Maggie's Eyes, in progress


The actress, her movies, her eyes fascinate me.  Her eyes, the physical structure, the look of intelligence and worldliness fascinates. When she's on screen, she owns it. For a change of pace, I chose her face. She isn't a thirty minute knock off.  Dame Maggie Smith is in the details.

Aside from the popular Downton Abbey Series and the Harry Potter films, she's made a few others I've enjoyed more than once. Maybe you have too?

Quartet. (Ellis and just watched this Sunday for the second time; we loved it again)

The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel--another movie I've watched more than once.

Gosford Park (a story about the upstairs gentry and the downstairs servants--totally pulls me in to sit on the landing and see how it goes).

The Prime of Miss Jean Brodie

Death on The Nile.(Agatha Christi murder mysteries are very Maggie).

A Room With A View

The Lonely Passion of Judith Hearne

A Private Function




 

10 comments:

  1. Zo knap gedaan Linda lieve groetjes Danielle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bedankt Danielle. Ik heb één vraag: wist u dat die ze kreeg alleen de ogen?

      Thanks Danielle. I have one question: did you know who she was just from the eyes?

      Delete
  2. I KNEW that was Maggie Smith as soon as I saw the eyes!.. U are good! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The woman dominates the screen in every film she's in. I find English films mesmerizing. They are so down to earth, subtle, utterly charming and the countryside is magic. --Thanks. I needed a change from the beach crowd. We just saw Quartet, so I thought thirty minutes with Maggie Smith would be perfect.

      Delete
  3. Very expressive sketch. Quartet has always been a favorite of my husbands and mine - you have inspired us to watch it again as its been a very long time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Her eyes are no walk in the park. What you see was thirty minutes and there are still little adjustments to be made. We watched Quartet on Sunday for the second time. We were as enthralled as we were the first time we saw it. I like The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel just as well and am looking forward to the sequel.

      Delete
  4. I really don't know her, but I will check her out on the screen and come back to this post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Watch either Quartet, The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel and/or Gosford Park. I don't know how you missed her?

      Delete
  5. Maggie Smth is such a classy Lady which I enjoy watching and you captured her perfectly !!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Hilda. I am going to spend another half hour with her today--in less than half an hour. :-))

      Delete