My Blog List

Wednesday, December 18, 2013

LAST FULL DAY

All good things come to an end. This is it for us. Tomorrow we have a last morning sea side, then pack it up and fly home. Until then, we're soaking it all in.

    

I did this windy poolside scene  yesterday when, horror of horrors, my iPad suddenly blacked out. Nothing I tried worked to bring it back to life. My iPad was dead. That ruined the day. I actually cried. Miracles of miracles, my second cousin Ed saved the day.

We ran into him and his wife the night before. It had been years since we had seen each other, but there he was just sitting drinking red wine in the lounge. When he heard my distress over being cut off, he Googled the solution at recovery.com and it worked. What a lucky break. What a serendipitous event! Priceless. 

Just in time to go home, I've adjusted to the time change, (one hour), and I've been sleeping in. The sun was higher than this camera can take, but I took the photo anyway because I could thanks to Ed.

    

Not great photography, but great to be able to publish it.




12 comments:

  1. I googled recovery.com and took me an addiction site.... hmmmm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you mean, the site became an addiction? On my blackberry I went to Apple for troubleshooting. The fixes they suggested were not what worked. Recovery had the right one. What was amazing was how lost I suddenly felt without this device.

      Delete
  2. Oh, well done Ed! I know how I feel without a computer! And the photo is very nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And what about the watercolor? Yes, running into my cousin was a Godsend not only because he had a working pad in his hands, but because it was great reconnecting and catching up on family history over the last thirteen years more or less.

      Delete
  3. How great to have a cousin so helpful.

    Are you backing up stuff to the cloud?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. I had been.
      After we got it up and working, he checked me out. I needed to update a few apps as well as my settings. I'm working on it. I was thrilled. I had sent an SOS out to my kids, but I have yet to hear from them. Ed saved the day. How weird is that that after thirteen some odd years he should suddenly appear and save the day?

      Delete
  4. Thank goodness for Ed!..........lovely watercolour, lots of great light and colour !!!

    Have a great Christmas and New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Helen and yes, thank goodness for Ed. Happy holidays to you too and a happy, healthy New Year.

      Delete
  5. Eeeeek for ipad trouble! Glad the glitch had a happy ending. Love the windiness captured in your watercolor.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't believe it. But now I know the solution: hold down the power button and the change app button on the bottom margin of the device simultaneously till the Apple logo shows up and when the opening page shows up slide the open arrow. If the opening page doesn't show up, when the Apple logo appears, recharge the device for thirty minutes. We had to recharge the device. I was greatly relieved. I really felt cut off.

      Delete
  6. Love that painting....it captures the wind! So glad the ipad is ok! what a thing to have happen...hooray for 2nd cousin and recovery.com! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Celeste. I had a great time painting it plein air. Two kids kept coming over to watch. They wished they had brought their paints with them. I think they probably will next trip. As I worked, I gave them a tip no art instructor ever gave me: just get it down as you think you see it; it doesn't have to be exactly right. Just get it down. They loved my splattering.

      Delete