My Blog List

Tuesday, June 5, 2012

I Hate Dirty Pictures!



Detail upper left-hand corner of Rain.
So I threw out that dingy mess and went in for the joy of it.

Georgia O'Keeffe, when asked about her painting process, said, "I start at the upper left hand corner and paint till I get to the lower right"--or something to that effect.  I attacked Rain (I'm dropping the forest part of the title) with my best deKooning approach. The session became fun. No spray bottle. No rivulets. No thoughts of a grid. Just wet into wet with brushes, knives, fingers and palms. 

8 comments:

  1. Hola Linda. Tu pintura es bonita, los colores suaves son versátiles, es un abstracto del que debes sentirte orgullosa. Un abrazo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No es orgulloso y Sonia. Sigo sintiendo mi camino. El cuadro realmente se ha establecido todavĂ­a. Pero yo no siento que estoy en el camino correcto.

      Delete
  2. Looks like fun.

    This is looking good.

    I've did some under-paintings yesterday and one of them appears to have morphed into its own painting, today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have to start somewhere on that white surface. I do have a tendency to want to mess it up first then pull something out of the mess. Messing it us takes the canvas off the pedestal of high expectations.

      It's looking okay. This is going to be one of those that keeps me tweaking after I reach the first finish line.

      I do not have a talent for knocking out large canvases--or small ones for that matter.

      Delete
  3. This looks like it was a ton of fun. I love the life and movement in this small detail Linda. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is going to be a trip--lots of layers, lots of paint till Bazinga! With this sort of paint done is never clear.

      Delete
  4. Love this ...total freedom , must have been real fun to create !

    ReplyDelete
  5. No. After I started it, I wonder why I had started it. I had no idea where I was going. So I went here and played around. Playing turned out to be okay. It did free me up.

    ReplyDelete