My Blog List

Friday, December 30, 2011

2011 Artist Picks On Paper

Whenever any of the drawings shown below pass by in my slide show, I notice them. Something about them strikes a chord that will lead I don't know where; I just know it will.

2011 CANCUN DRAWINGS (January and December) All done as quickly as the winds would allow.










2011 BLOG DRAWINGS Less markers were used this year and more watercolors were done with no pre-drawing.













THE DRAWING THAT INTRIGUES ME MOST. The landscape I was looking at was the most uninteresting of subjects, so I kept throwing forms and colors into the composition till something said, "Stop." I used a white pastel crayon to enhance and everything came together. It could use a bit more sketch lines, but overall, this one holds my interest. This one is a painting. I love doing watercolor underpaintings with pastel overlays! Watch for more of those in 2012.


HAVE A HAPPY, SAFE NEW YEARS EVE TOMORROW NIGHT AND WATCH OUT FOR THE CRAZIES!

8 comments:

  1. I like the one of the chair- the lines and everything has balance in it... Your watercolors of people (towards bottom) have a dreamlike quality... your quick drawings in Cancun may be quick but there's detail there!. I like the hurried look gives it an abstract feel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Chris. I almost took that one out and the one before it--a bit too realistic--but there were qualities that made me keep them in the run. I do like dreamlike and abstract best.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the variety and all the color! I will take your advice and be watching for some crazies to party amongst... then take a free bus home!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Linda.
    I agree with you about that painting, it`s gorgous. All are wonderful Drawings and paintings. Is that a self portrait of you? It`s brilliant. Happy new year Linda.
    Vic.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Carrie, I worry about the variety. I have this notion that consistency is what's missing from my work. I'd like to see a common thread develop. But it's variety that earned me a living all these years. As a interior space designer, I could do all the styles, from traditional to contemporary. an artist who fits the style to the subject is ---well I haven't seen it yet.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, Victor, unfortunately that's me, sun spots and all! LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Linda
    Happy New Year. The painting you picked out is one that I especially love. It's different from the rest and it's quite abstract.
    I am looking forward to seeing your new paintings this year.
    Evelyn

    ReplyDelete
  8. And I yours Evelyn. Your bird lady is a knock out. Have I seen the others? I'd like to see them together some time.

    ReplyDelete