My Blog List

Saturday, April 9, 2011

Week's End

NEW DISHWASHER VALVE
BACK ORDER DUE JUNE.
TOO LATE; REP AT STAKE.
PART SWAP!


And that was Honey's week, a week spent looking for an inlet valve for a Whirlpool dishwasher the client had moved to the below freezing garage while work was being done in the kitchen. There was water in the pipes. It froze and broke the valve and there isn't a replacement to be had in these United States.Honey searched relentlessly. Such is life in the remodel business. Honey loved the quest. Honey was back in his element.

My washed-out watercolor sat waiting as I spent yesterday designing a new client's kitchen. Should we get this job, this kitchen will be the nicest kitchen we've ever demolished. Never saw my studio, but the week ended great. Life is good--new client, project challenges--these are the things that keep us on our toes. And I can get up there too: my back is back. I felt particularly happy last night at dinner with friends.

FRIENDS GATHER
CLOSE AND COZY.
JOKES, LAUGHTER, TALK.
SWEET MOMENTS HELD DEAR.

This morning, though the temperature was only 34 degrees Fahrenheit, I ventured out to the garden to look for Spring and found promising new drawings poking through Winter's soggy debris:

BEAR BRITCHES


BUTTERFLY BUSH


SILVER MOUND


STELLA DORO DAY LILIES


BEARDED IRIS


PATTERNS PROMISE SUMMER'S GLORY.
HOURS SPENT
SKETCHING, SUNNING,
DAYDREAMING.

3 comments:

  1. Love the colors in that flower! What a tropical feel!. Monday I should have a new control part to my double oven!. Damn power surge knocked it out!. Electronics suck as the repair guy said.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can you believe that that part is no where to be found? It's back ordered--supposedly we'll have it in June. We contributed to a new one. She's got a gang coming over for the holidays. Everybody is happy.

    That happened to my oven too--but the power surge was from the over itself during the self-cleaning cycle. Now I'm afraid to clean the thing--plus it stinks and heats up the whole house.

    ReplyDelete
  3. gorgeous pieces. Oh, I see signs of Spring - for sure!!

    ReplyDelete