My Blog List

Thursday, July 22, 2010

Moving On With Britney



Britney's coming along. Artistic license is very much the order of the day.

I'm going to do a wallpaper background, (below are the samples I'm considering. Of course, I'll be changing the colours to suit me). I'll also be exaggerating the push of her body into the deep upholstery of the couch cushion. Her hair is not orange. My couch is not fuchsia--nor is it overstuffed. And I haven't a single roll of wallpaper hung in my house. But as the artist; I get to make it up as I the picture suggests. Do you see how I have the welting of the couch on the same line as her bangs and her eyes? These elements all play up her eyes, her best feature and what I want to be the main points of interest in the drawing.



I'm still not thrilled with Derwent's Coloursoft pencils. They're still too soft. Honey's not too thrilled I've moved my colour pencil supplies into the breakfast room; I'm cluttering up the house. He's has no idea that out of chaos comes great art (order)--if I was a maven on the coloured pencil techniques. This is my seventh or ninth attempt with the waxy medium that leaves little room for corrections.

TGIF. Have a lovely weekend. I'll be spraying my roses for blackspot--after a night on the town dining on gourmet Eurasian fare worrying about the salt. Try not to be too envious.

No comments:

Post a Comment