My Blog List

Saturday, May 22, 2010

Out Out Damn Clown!


I obviously hate clowns--definitely see them as being sinister. My stubbornness to capture the jolly in this figurine I gave Honey years ago to cheer him up, however, made me try again. And fail again--making me think maybe I didn't want to cheer Honey up at all. Maybe I wanted to torment him?

I got so aggravated with how the painting was going, I ripped the paper from the pad and held it under the running faucet. What you see is what was left after blotting.

The results look like an hysterical Harpo Marx--possibly the dead, decaying Harpo Marx? It reminds me of another clown who sat in the rocker leering in the light of the moon at the little kid in the movie Poltergeist, (one of my favorite watch again and again films).
I never could understand why the kid didn't trash him for good.

So: "Out Out damn clown!" I say. Today I shall paint the sky, the field, anything but--like I should have done in the first place.

This might be a good time to remember: the road to success is lined with failures.

No comments:

Post a Comment