My Blog List

Monday, May 3, 2010

The Grand Velas, Nayarit is A Real Treat




What did I tell you. Honey is a hotel freak. And he'd found a great one: Architecturally magnificent and very hospitable. The Grand Velas Nayarit is a wow.

What did I tell you. I'm a pool freak. This was a pool you could swim in,sun in, play ball in or join the water aerobics class. You could also ignore the group activity tier and stare out at the beach and the bay from the infinity edge of the middle tier or the lowest tier with the swim-up bar. These were pool photos for my collection--some people collect ceramic elephants, I collect photos of the best pool designs I've seen on our travels. I mount and display them in our bath right outside the shower to remind me every morning of why we go to work. Every morning, they make me smile.

I spent our first morning at the Grand Velas taking pool pictures from every angle while Honey found our place in the shade.



There were several of these extended group palapas around the pool in addition to some very high-tech looking umbrellas. Shade lovers were expected and welcome. Honey and I settled down in the palapa closest to the bano and the glass enclosed casual eatery on the beach. No more miles to walk to pee. No towels to get or take back; the lounges were all set up and the beach crew stripped them bare every evening. If you needed more, the constantly circulating service people would bring them to you plus anything else you may want. This place was luxurious.

So busy was I familiarizing myself with my new surroundings, I couldn't zero in on anything around me to draw. From memory, I painted a beautiful burgundy red plant I'd seen in the Westin's gardens.

HAPPY CINCO DE MAYO!
Today, I go to see Doctor Mayo about my knee. Poetic yes?


No comments:

Post a Comment